March 10th–19th, 2017
Join Professor Gregory Nagy and a small group of intergenerational learners for an immersive, 10-day exploration of Greece. As a HeroesX participant (past or present), you are eligible for special rates!
Travel back through time to ancient Greece on this annual spring break favorite. Start in the charming seaport town of Nafplio, home to Harvard University’s Center for Hellenic Studies. Then proceed through the Peloponnese to Delphi and Athens, exploring Greece’s famous archaeological sites and museums along the way. Supplement your journey with readings in translation from Homer, Pausanias, and even some modern texts, selected by your Harvard study leader, Professor Greg Nagy, who is directing this trip for the ninth consecutive year!
Space is limited, so register now via the Harvard Alumni Association website. Questions? Please contact Ms. Marina Cheilitsi, CHS GR Programs Coordinator, via telephone (+30 27520 47030, Nafplio, Greece) and/or email mcheilitsi(at)chs.harvard.edu.
2017 Spring Break in Greece Travel Schedule
- March 11: Arrivals in Athens / Drive to Nafplio
- March 12: Nafplio / Visit the Acropolis of Mycenae, Palace & the Treasury of Atreus / Welcome Reception at the Harvard Center for Hellenic Studies in Greece
- March 13: Drive to Pylos / Nestor’s Palace / Drive to Olympia
- March 14: Olympia / Visit the birthplace of the Olympic games / International Olympic Academy / Drive to Delphi
- March 15: Delphi / Visit the “Navel of Earth” / Drive to Athens
- March 16: Athens / Parthenon and the Erechtheion / New Acropolis Museum / Ancient Agora
- March 17: Athens / National Archaeological Museum
- March 18: Athens / Hellenic Parliament / Walking tour of the historic center
- March 19: Departure from Athens